AMUFORT® maintains, strengthens and softens the respiratory tract.*
This dietary supplement is a unique 2-in-1 formula based on Pelargonium sidoides on the one hand, and thyme, Eucalyptus globulus and Primula veris on the other.
Respiratory tract protection and increased immunity are 2 important factors in achieving increased resistance to bacteria, viruses and other winter ailments.
The main component Pelargonium sidoides has been studied extensively. One of the leading studies on this (available in the link at the side), conducted by Prof. H. Kolodziej, Free University of Berlin, has demonstrated the properties of the main constituent Pelargonium sidoides.
Maximum protection and a strong immune system are the most important aspects for the body during the winter and especially during periods of flu or lingering bacteria and viruses.
*Pelargonium contributes to good respiratory health.
HOW TO USE?
1 tablet in the morning and 1 tablet in the evening
Can I combine AMUFORT® 15 tablets with other medicines?
Yes, no interactions between Amufort and other drugs have been reported.
Can I use AMUFORT® 15 tablets if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Due to the absence of clinical data, the use of Amufort® by pregnant women or during breastfeeding is not recommended. Ask your doctor for advice.
May diabetics use AMUFORT® 15 tablets?
Yes, Amufort® does not contain sugar as such. The daily amount of sugar absorbed (from certain Amufort® excipients) is diabetologically irrelevant and is calculated in the daily sugar intake of the diabetic patient.
How should I store AMUFORT® 15 tablets?
Store out of the sight and reach of children. Store in the original packaging, below 30° C.
What is our respiratory system and what does it consist of?
Our respiratory system is made up of the various organs that allow us to breathe. Breathing is in fact an exchange of gases between ourselves and the environment. The respiratory system consists of several parts:
- 1. The upper respiratory tract or our mouth, nose (cavities) and pharynx
- 2. The lower respiratory tract or our larynx and trachea
- 3. The lung system with our bronchi, alveoli, lungs and pleura
- 4. The respiratory muscles.
It is the working together of this totality that makes it possible for us to breathe. Our body naturally tries to protect our respiratory system and to keep out or expel foreign substances and organisms: think of the inhibiting effect on these of our nose hairs, or of coughing and sneezing.
What are the most common diseases or disorders of our respiratory system?
These are mainly the inflammations that can be either bacterial or viral. They can result in one or more symptoms and discomforts, ranging from a cough (dry cough or mucous cough) or sore throat to fever, cold and flu. In other words, it is very important that we take good care of our respiratory system, maintain it and protect it.
- A dietary supplement may not replace a varied and balanced diet or a healthy lifestyle.
- Keep out of the reach of young children.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
- Not suitable for children under 12.
- Do not use during pregnancy.
- *Pelargonium sidoides (pelargonium) is a plant native to South Africa. The root of the pelargonium strengthens the natural resistance of our organism and protects the respiratory tract against external aggressions. Pelargonium prevents the attachment of viruses and bacteria to the mucosa of the respiratory tract.
- Thanks to the presence of essential oil, thyme and eucalyptus both have an expectorant effect and are therefore mainly used for their soothing action on the respiratory tract. They calm the throat and allow you to breathe easily again.
- Primrose (an indigenous plant in Europe) has expectorant and mucolytic properties and is therefore also used for its soothing effect on the respiratory tract.
- Pelargonium extract (Pelargonium sidoides) 200 mg
- Thyme extract (Thymus vulgaris) 160 mg standardised at 2% essential oil
- Eucalyptus extract (Eucalyptus globulus) 100 mg standardised at 2% essential oil
- Primrose extract (Primula veris) 75 mg standardised at 10% flavonoids
- Lemon flavour
- Magnesium stearate
- Tricalcium phosphate
- Silicon dioxide